Backyard Beekeeping – Sat, 25 Feb 2012, 9.30am – 4pm
We have all heard that the Honeybee is fighting for survival and is at risk of becoming a worldwide endangered insect. Honeybee are critically important for our food security.
Walter Kohler (Ass. Dip. Horticulture) will be conducting this one-day workshop. He is an experienced beekeeper and has conducted several courses on the subject over the years.
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in keeping bees, making honey and helping with the natural cycle of crop pollination. It is ideal for small-scale enterprises and domestic backyard beekeepers. In the one-day course you will learn:
• how to start working with bees in a natural, organic way
• new ways to keep bees healthy
• about the biology of bees
• ways of working together with bees for our mutual benefit
• the different ways of housing bees
• the costs and materials required for setting up a beehive
• how to build all the necessary equipment
• about the wonderful products that bees can make for you.
Cost: $75 includes morning tea (please bring your note pad, pen and lunch). 10% of the course fee will go to the SAGE project.
Where: 33 Yarimup Place, Moruya
When: Saturday, 25 February 2012, 9.30am – 4pm, Moruya
Enquiries: Please call Walter Kohler on 02 4474 3971 or Sandra on email@example.com
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Holiday Ideas 2012.
Click here for a free listing on SouthCoastGems.com.au
Contact Us here for more info.
Booking.com - Low rates, No Booking Fees, Best Price Guaranteed
Return to the Home of South Coast Vacation Packages.com